BOMA Energy Training for Building Operators
Setting the Pace
The BOMA e-Energy Training program is designed to enable building operations personnel to understand basic energy principles, identify energy reduction opportunities, develop strategies and influence stakeholders to adopt energy saving behaviours. The program highlights operational energy management opportunities, as well as those available through capital projects.
Significant Features of the Program
- Interactive online program using the latest web-course technology.
- Specifically designed for building operators, engineers and other personnel with some experience, with input from experienced building operations personnel.
- Shown to substantially improve (+28%) operators’ ability to identify and implement energy saving measures.
- Participants can learn at their own pace, 24/7, from any location.
- Includes ongoing course support and Certificate issued upon successful completion.
Core Content: 11 Modules
- Module 1 – Overview of Energy Management
- Module 2 – Behavioural Opportunities
- Module 3 – Energy Basics
- Module 4 – Metering & Billing
- Module 5 – Lighting
- Module 6 – Electrical Opportunities
- Module 7 – HVAC Systems
- Module 8 – Heating Plant
- Module 9 – Cooling Plant
- Module 10 – Controls for Energy Management
- Module 11 – Selling the Project
Reduce Your Operating Costs & Emissions
What Course Participants are Saying…
“Material learned is very beneficial for the individual and offers valuable savings opportunities for the company.”
“The spreadsheets and links are very beneficial for future use.”
“The course is an excellent source for helping to summarize project costs and benefits as part of a capital budget, as well as ‘selling’ the benefits of energy savings projects.’’
– Green Buildings Foundation
Earn BOMI SMT® Credit
Individuals who successfully complete the e-EnergyTraining program can receive an Administrative Competency credit for the BOMI SMT® course for ‘Energy Management and Controls’.
Building A Sustainable Future
For more information, please contact BOMA Manitoba