Recommissioning for Existing Buildings
Recommissioning (RCx) improves buildings by creating energy savings and making buildings more comfortable for their occupants. It has been well documented that the practise of Existing Building Commissioning (EBCx) will reduce operating costs while improving the quality of the indoor environment.
BOMA in partnership with CIET, will host this one-day workshop that will provide participants with a practical approach to EBCx, with a specific focus on the elements of a robust investigation. Space is limited, so register early.
The workshop leader is a seasoned EBCx professional and will provide examples, from a variety of commercial and institutional building types. A strong focus will be placed upon operational efficiency of HVAC systems.
Who should attend?
This workshop will be beneficial for building owners, managers, and technical supervisors.
$375 Plus GST (deadline to register is March 27th)
The workshop, scheduled for Tuesday, April 7, begins at 8:00 and ends a 4:00 with a one-hour lunch break
- Energy Efficiency Concepts
- Overview of RCx/EBCx
- The Planning Phase
- How to select/identify the right building for RCx
- Investigating out buildings – tools and opportunities
- HVAC Systems
- Building Automation Systems
- Fault detection and diagnosis
- Transfer and Persistence
- Describe the benefits of RCx/EBCx
- Understand the process employed in RCx/EBCx
- Identify the indicators needed for a particular building
- Learn to create a plan for applying RCx/EBCx
- Learn how to support the investigation
- Determine who will be involved
- Identify critical element to ensuring persistence of results
To register, contact Lise Thiessen: email@example.com or 204-777-2662