Dear BOMA Manitoba members,
On March 11th, the World Health Organization declared the COVID-19 virus a global pandemic. The Public Health Agency of Canada has since issued new recommended measures to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in Canada. These measures include reducing the amount of time individuals spend in large crowds or in crowded spaces.
After careful consideration by our board, BOMA Manitoba will suspend all member events for the next 30 days.
The following events will be postponed until further notice:
- BOMA Poker Tournament (Wednesday, March 18th) – to be rescheduled
- BOMA Annual General Meeting (Friday, March 20th) – to be rescheduled
- BOMA Industry Breakfast (Tuesday, March 24th)
- Building Operators & Engineers Group Breakfast (Thursday, March 26th)
- Recommissioning Course (Tuesday, April 7th) – to be rescheduled
- April BOMA Member Luncheon (Wednesday, April 8th) – to be rescheduled/credited
Over the next month, we will continue to monitor this ongoing situation and reassess. BOMA Manitoba will continue to provide our members with access to resources such as BOMA Canada’s Pandemic Guide, as well as updates from the Public Health Agency of Canada and our regional health authorities as they relate to the commercial building industry.
Thank you for your understanding. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about this update.